Jaguar has developed the 2008 Model Year S-Type that features a lot of new elements both for the exterior and the interior some offered as standard, some optional. The interior was upgraded with the introduction of multi-function seats with non-perforated leather instead of the previous Classic seat for all SSE an XS models. The 2008 model year is available for order from dealerships now. Jaguar executive saloon is available with four engine variants: class-leading 2.7-liter twin-turbo diesel, 3.0-liter V6 petrol and renowned 4.2-liter naturally aspirated and V8 supercharged units. The standard interior features include automatic climate control with dual zone control for driver and front passenger, Rear Park Assist, multi function steering wheel controls for audio, cruise control and Bluetooth telephone connectivity and voice control. The security system includes remote central locking, drive-away locking, ultrasonic intrusion sensors and engine immobilizer.
The new 2008 Model Year Jaguar S-TYPE features exterior and interior design revisions as well as a number of new features both standard and optional.
The S-TYPE continues to be respected and admired by customers throughout the world. At an emotional level, S-TYPE owners are attracted by its spirit of individuality, iconic design and sporting performance. But there are also a host of rational reasons why buying an S-TYPE makes sense. A range of four engines - from the acclaimed twin-turbo V6 Jaguar diesel engine that offers outstanding performance alongside superb fuel economy, through to the mighty 4.2-litre supercharged V8 - and the availability of manual and automatic transmissions gives S-TYPE customers a choice of rewarding powertrains. Every S-TYPE has an impressive equipment specification, including many of Jaguar's latest technical features, and of course craftsmanship and quality are high on the list of attributes.
For the 2008 Model Year, all S-TYPEs gain the sporting S-TYPE R bumper and mesh grille. The new look at the front is both contemporary and more dynamic, giving every model a more poised and powerful appearance. An upgraded range of beautiful alloy wheels adds to the sporting appearance of the 2008 Model Year cars. A multi-spoke 17-inch Antares wheel is now standard on the least expensive models, while all SE versions now feature the 18-inch Triton alloy wheel. In the UK a new XS model with a dynamic new bodykit, Sport interior and 18-inch Mercury wheels replaces the existing S-TYPE Sport model. At the top-of-the-range, the S-TYPE R now comes with a stunning 19-inch wheel - the Barcelona - as standard in a majority of markets.
The S-TYPE's interior is also upgraded, with the introduction of multi-function seats with non-perforated leather instead of the previous Classic seat for all SE and XS models. The entry-level cars now come with a leather-trimmed steering wheel as standard, while a new Satin Mahogany veneer is available as an option across the range. Choice is further extended with the availability of a beautiful new Ivory and Charcoal leather colour combination for SE models.
With technical excellence and innovation very much part of the S-TYPE's appeal, Rear Park Assist has become standard on all models.
The 2008 Model Year S-TYPE range is available for order from dealers now.
2008 Model Year S-TYPE at a glance
• Jaguar executive saloon with four engine variants including class-leading 2.7-litre twin-turbo diesel, 3.0-litre V6 petrol and renowned 4.2-litre naturally aspirated and supercharged V8s.
• Streamlined styling combined with advanced technology and legendary Jaguar ride and handling competence gives the S-TYPE unmistakeable appeal as a sporting saloon.
• From the top-of-the-range 400bhp (DIN), 155mph supercharged S-TYPE R which is capable of 60mph in just 5.3 seconds to the highly acclaimed twin-turbo 2.7-litre diesel which offers a 0-60mph time of just 8.1 seconds yet returns 41.5mpg in the combined fuel economy cycle, the S-TYPE delivers a fine combination of emotional and rational appeal.
• The diesel-engined S-TYPE is offered with either a six-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission. The 3.0-litre petrol is available with a six-speed automatic gearbox, while both 4.2-litre V8 models are also equipped with the six-speed automatic transmission.
• The twin-turbo AJD-V6 diesel engine is the lightest unit of its type and size, weighing just 202kg. It is the latest addition to the range of S-TYPE engines and now the most popular customer choice.
• High pressure, common-rail direct-injection technology, including 'multiple pilot' injection with piezo-electric control, ensures maximum efficiency in the twin-turbo V6 diesel.
• Maximum power of 152kW (207PS) EEC, 153kW (206bhp) DIN and maximum torque of 435Nm (320lb ft) make this a diesel Jaguar with real performance: a top speed of 230kph (143mph), and 0-100kph (0-60mph) in just 8.5 (8.1) seconds in the manual version and 8.6 (8.2) seconds in the auto.
• An impressive combined fuel economy figure of 6.8l/100km (41.5mpg) with manual gearbox, and a low CO2 figure of only 179g/km
• Comprehensive safety features in every S-TYPE include front, side and side-curtain airbags, Jaguar's Adaptive Restraint Technology System (A.R.T.S.) and an advanced anti-lock braking system
• Wide range of standard interior features in every S-TYPE including automatic climate control with dual zone control for driver and front passenger, Rear Park Assist, multi-function steering wheel controls for audio, cruise control and (where fitted) Bluetooth® telephone connectivity and voice control, trip computer, Jaguar Alpine Sound System with AM/FM radio and single slot CD player
• Comprehensive security system includes remote central locking and driveaway locking, ultrasonic intrusion sensing, radio frequency remote control and engine immobiliser (Thatcham 1 approved)
• Key optional features include 19-inch wheels across the range (except on entry-level models), Front Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Alert, in addition to existing driver aids.
|Latest||Cars & News|
|2018 Buick Enclave review|
|2017 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty review|
|2015 Audi A8 L Chauffeur review|
|2015 McLaren P1 by MSO review|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupe review|
|Skoda Superb Combi official pictures|
|BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage introduced|
|Fiat Aegea revealed|
|Volvo V40 Carbon gets a Polestar upgrade|
|Audi Q3 gets off-road look|