The Lightning Car Company developed the electric Lightning GT, a model capable of delivering 700 BHP, powerful acceleration and a top speed capability of more than 130 mph. The energy-efficient car will use clean technology for the ultimate green rating. It can be charged for ten minutes to run over 250 miles. It is capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 4.0 seconds. The new model is equipped with satellite navigation, iPod interface and virtual engine sound. It is capable of full regenerative braking so the battery receives charge every time you slow down, travel downhill or coast.
The Lightning Car Company has set out to develop electric technology for a luxury British sports car with a view to creating a super car with outstanding presence, power & performance.
Powered by NanoSafe, the electric Lightning GT, features an impressive 700 bhp, powerful acceleration, and a top speed capability of more than 130 mph. In short, the electric Lightning will be a difficult proposition to beat.
By combining classic, British sports car design with racing car technology and state of the art battery power & electric motor innovation, the Lightning has been designed and developed in the UK with exhilarating performance front of mind.
Whilst its head-turning looks will appeal to the most discerning of drivers, unlike other sports cars the Lightning is also easy on the conscience. With virtually no polluting emissions, this energy-efficient car will use clean technology for the ultimate green rating. Following production of several Lightning petrol prototypes, the electric Lightning GT, Sports and Extended Range versions are now available to pre-order.
Lightning GT Features:
- Ultra smooth 100% electric power (700+bhp) immediately from zero rpm
- 10 minute charge time for over 250 miles of motoring (GTSE model)
- Uncompromising performance with 0-60mph in less than 4 seconds (GTS model)
- State of the art NanoSafe™ battery system and Hi-Pa Drive™ electric motor technology
- Full regenerative braking so the battery receives charge every time you slow down, travel downhill or simply coast
- Commanding presence of carbon fibre/Kevlar hand-crafted bodywork
- Clean technology means no congestion charge or road tax and the ultimate A grade green rating
- Phenomenal economy up to 10 x cheaper to run than petrol
- Safer with no large fuel tank, thermally stable batteries and a bodywork structure similar to that used in F1 to protect the driver
- Luxury spec. interior - incorporating sat nav, ipod interface and virtual engine sound
|Latest||Cars & News|
|2018 Buick Enclave review|
|2017 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty review|
|2015 Audi A8 L Chauffeur review|
|2015 McLaren P1 by MSO review|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupe review|
|2020 Porsche Macan GTS comes to fill Macan S and Macan Turbo range|
|Suzuki Jimny is set to get competition from Jeep|
|Toyota Highlander will be available in petrol only or hybrid powertrain|
|Skoda Rapid facelift was unveiled in Russia|
|McLaren 620R is the limited edition street version of the 570S GT4|