Mitsubishi Motors Corporation will launch the Lancer Evolution X high-performance 4WD sedan. The 2.0-liter model features a new platform, engine, exterior and interior designs. The Twin clutch SST transmissions are due to be launched towards the end of November. In keeping with the higher output and torque developed by the new engine, Lancer Evolution X is offered with a new 5-speed manual transmission that delivers smoother shifting and improved shift feel for those who prefer the joys and more direct control of manual shifting. The sales target established by Mitsubishi is 4.000 unit / month.
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation announces today that it will launch the Lancer Evolution X high-performance 4WD sedan, newest of the company`s legendary vehicles, on October 1 at dealerships throughout Japan. Featuring a new platform, engine, and exterior and interior designs, the totally redesigned 2.0-liter model will carry a tax-inclusive price tag ranging from 2,997,750 to 3,750,600. Models fitted with the Twin Clutch SST transmission are due to be launched towards the end of November.
The development goal for the new Lancer Evolution X was to make the car as fast as possible, while also making it as safe to drive as possible. To that end Lancer Evolution X is loaded with the very latest in automotive engineering technology, including the S-AWC (Super All Wheel Control) vehicle dynamics control system and the newly developed, power-efficient Twin Clutch SST (Sport Shift Transmission). Lancer Evolution X is a new-generation high-performance 4WD sedan that allows a new category of driver access to Mitsubishi`s dynamic driving experience by underpinning speed with control, security and safety.
* Lancer Evolution X`s handsome and aggressive functional design presents an intimidating and exciting aerodynamic exterior suggestive of its superior road performance. This is complemented by a functional interior that encourages the driver to concentrate fully on piloting his machine. Lancer Evolution X uses the front end design identity common to all new Mitsubishi Motors sedans (inverted-slant nose with a trapezoidal grille design) first seen on the new Galant Fortis*. As well as shouting loud the aggressive qualities that mark a high performance sports sedan, the front fascia is crafted for optimum aerodynamic performance.
* Lancer Evolution X realizes very high levels of motive and driving performance thanks to its new high-output and lightweight 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC turbocharged engine with aluminum block, an all-new body and stiffer suspension. Despite its turbocharged pedigree the new model earns a 3-star rating for emissions that are 50% lower than the requirements of the Japanese 2005 standards. And complementing its powerful and clean road performance is the kind of a safety specification one would expect of a new-generation high-performance model: SRS dual-stage airbags for driver and front passenger, SRS knee airbag for driver and adaptive front lighting system (AFS) are all standard equipment on the GSR trim level.
* The Twin Clutch SST is a 6-speed automated manual transmission incorporating a dual automated clutch system to deliver lightning-fast, slick shifting for feel-good acceleration; while it also provides high-efficiency power transmission for outstanding fuel economy. In keeping with the higher output and torque developed by the new engine, Lancer Evolution X is offered with a new 5-speed manual transmission that delivers smoother shifting and improved shift feel for those who prefer the joys and more direct control of manual shifting.
* All Lancer Evolution X GSR models are fitted with the S-AWC vehicle dynamics control system. The system intelligently manages several component systems to regulate drive torque and braking force at each wheel, reading and reflecting driver intent in real time over a wide range of situations. This allows drivers of all abilities to enjoy sporty driving with peace of mind.
* Lancer / Lancer EX in overseas markets.
I . Lancer Evolution X walkaround
Sporting the S-AWC and Twin Clutch SST and other cutting-edge automotive technology as well as a more comprehensive functional and convenience equipment specification, the GSR trim level (also available with a 5-speed manual transmission) leads the new Lancer Evolution X lineup. The lineup also continues to offer the RS competition base model, with a less comprehensive and simplified equipment specification to reduce weight to a minimum.
To meet customers` wide-ranging expectations in a high-performance sports sedan, the GSR trim level is available with the following option packages:
High Performance Package : Raises the bar a notch further in terms of driving performance.
Stylish Exterior Package : Adds classy dressup elements to the exterior.
Leather Combination Interior : For a more uptown and comfortable interior.
Also available is the Premium Package that combines all these packages and adds 18-inch BBS lightweight alloy wheels to meld the ultimate in performance with a classy and quality appearance.
*1: An artificial suede-finish leather made by Seiren Co., Ltd.
4WD system (S-AWC)
* The GSR trim level comes with Mitsubishi Motors` own 4WD vehicle dynamics control system S-AWC (Super All Wheel Control) standard. For Lancer Evolution X, Active Stability Control (ASC) has been added to the ACD*2, AYC*3 and Sport ABS*4 component systems featured in previous Lancer Evolution. S-AWC uses integrated management of these systems to exert high-precision control on drive torque and brake force at each wheel to enhance cornering and stability under all conditions from everyday driving to emergency evasion; thereby producing vehicle behavior that faithfully reflects driver intent. S-AWC offers three operating modes - TARMAC for dry, paved surfaces; GRAVEL for wet or unmade surfaces, and SNOW for snow covered surfaces - allowing the driver to select the mode best suited to current road surface conditions and realize greater stability.
ACD (Active Center Differential)
The Active Center Differential uses an electronically-controlled hydraulic multi-plate clutch to optimize front/rear wheel torque split and thereby produce the best balance between traction and steering response.
AYC (Active Yaw Control)
AYC uses a torque transfer mechanism in the rear differential to control rear wheel torque differential for different driving conditions and so limit the yaw moment that acts on the vehicle body and thus enhance cornering performance. AYC now features yaw rate feedback control using a yaw rate sensor to more accurately determine the cornering dynamics on a real-time basis. And the addition of braking force control allows the system to realize vehicle behavior that more closely mirrors driver intent.
Sport ABS (Sport Anti-lock Brake System)
ABS allows the driver to maintain directional control and keeps the vehicle stable by preventing the wheels from locking under heavy braking or when braking on slippery surfaces. The addition of yaw rate sensors and brake pressure sensors to the Sport ABS system has improved braking performance through corners.
Active Stability Control (ASC)
The ASC system stabilizes vehicle attitude while maintaining optimum traction by regulating engine power and the braking force at each wheel. ASC elevates vehicle stability by suppressing skidding in an emergency evasion maneuver or as the result of other sudden steering inputs. It also improves traction under acceleration by preventing the driving wheels from spinning on slippery surfaces.
Peace of mind / Safety specifications
* Standard on GSR are driver and front passenger SRS dual-stage airbags (driver dual-stage airbag standard on RS), the inflation pressure of which is controlled to match the severity of the impact, and the driver SRS knee airbag used on the Delica D:5 and Galant Fortis. SRS side and curtain airbags are available as factory-fitted options.
* GSR comes standard with discharge headlights and the adaptive front lighting system (AFS), in which auxiliary lights turn in the same direction as the steering wheel to increase the area of road illuminated and improve driver visibility at night.
* Rain-sensitive auto wipers that adjust wipe speed and interval to rain intensity and auto light control that monitors the intensity of peripheral light, turning the headlights on or off accordingly, are factory-fitted options on the GSR.
* All models come standard with an engine immobilizer and security alarm to deter theft. (The security alarm is standard on the GSR only.)
Audio / Utility
* The GSR trim level is available with the Mitsubishi Motors Communication System (MMCS) as a factory-fitted option which comprises a 30Gb hard disk drive audio/navigation system with 7-inch LCD screen.
* Available as a factory-fitted option on the GSR is the Rockford Fosgate premium sound system - well received on the Outlander and other models. The system uses a 650-Watt amplifier and nine speakers to deliver awesome high-fidelity sound assisted by the use of acoustic and damping material to seal off openings inside the doors and turn them into speaker boxes.
* Available as a factory-fitted option on the GSR is a keyless operating system that allows the driver to lock or unlock the doors and to start or stop the engine without having to take the remote unit out of pocket or handbag.
* Standard on all models is the Mitsubishi Motors ETACS (Electric Time and Alarm Control System) system. The system controls the operating environment for the Comfort Flasher - a dab on the flasher stalk causes the turn signal to flash three times; very handy when changing lanes - and the headlight auto-off feature which prevents accidental drainage of the battery and other electronic systems fitted to Lancer Evolution X.
II . Sales information
1. Monthly sales target : 4,000 units (FY2007 total)
2. Available at Mitsubishi dealerships throughout Japan
3. Manufacturer`s recommended retail price (MMRP)
GSR* 4-cyl. 2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC MIVEC with intercooler-turbocharger 5M/T Full-time 4WD (S-AWC): 3,495,450
Twin Clutch SST: 3,750,600
RS 5M/T Full-time 4WD: 2,997,750
N.B. Prices exclusive of recycling surcharge, insurance, taxes (but inclusive of consumption tax) and registration costs.
* Twin Clutch SST version due to be launched in late November
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Group A|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X by SchwabenFolia|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution SE|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII MR|
|HKS Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Time Attack Project|
|Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X Ralliart|
|Mitsubishi Double Shotz Concept|
|Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Prototype S|
|Latest||Cars & News|
|2018 Buick Enclave review|
|2017 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty review|
|2015 Audi A8 L Chauffeur review|
|2015 McLaren P1 by MSO review|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupe review|
|2020 Porsche Macan GTS comes to fill Macan S and Macan Turbo range|
|Suzuki Jimny is set to get competition from Jeep|
|Toyota Highlander will be available in petrol only or hybrid powertrain|
|Skoda Rapid facelift was unveiled in Russia|
|McLaren 620R is the limited edition street version of the 570S GT4|