2009 Alfa 159 MY 08, berlina and Sportwagon review and pictures

Posted on Tuesday, 26 February 2008 , 12:02:25 byAngela

Filed under Alfa-RomeoSedanWagon

Alfa 159 MY 08, berlina and Sportwagon

The 2009 Alfa 159 MY 2008, Berlina and Sportwagon were widely appreciated by critics and the European clientele and their refrehments bring numerous changes in the field of mechanics and comfort. Beautifully blending the sporty elegance of Alfa Romeo with the refined Italian style, the Alfa 159 is a one exclusive berlina, while the Alfa 159 Sportwagon MY 08 brings a reinterpretation of Italian style, sporty handling and performance with added versatility and flexibility. The cockpit is one important element of the renewed design, while the interior boasts an instrument display with new graphics, as well as a multifunctional "user-friendly" satellite navigator at the centre of the dashboard. The introduction of the rear logo is another news in the Alfa 159 MY 08 and 159 Sportwagon My 08 range and it integrates a push system in order to obtain immediate and safe opening of the boot. The exclusive 17-inch alloy wheels featuring a specific five-spoke design, adds to the sporty connotation. The standard features further include dual-zone climate control, fog lights, VDC and the innovative Blue&MeTM system. The precise steering and suspensions of both vehicles lead to a road handling with no compromises. The 3.2 V6 engine integrates a Q4 traction control which operates permanently, with three differentials, while the self-locking Torsen C drives maximum 57% torque to the rear wheels, leaving 43 % traction to the rear wheels. The active safety features include Hydraulic Brake Assistance, ABS complete with EBD, the ASR system and the sophisticated VDC.