New 2010 Audi A5 and S5 Cabriolet - Quick Reference: USA Data
Key Points Summary
â€¢ The A5 product line is now expanded to include Cabriolet models with three powerful and fuel-efficient powertrains (2.0 TFSI 4 cylinder, 3.2 FSI V6, 3.0 TFSI V6 with supercharged technology).
â€¢ A5 Cabriolet features ground-breaking soft top technology for elegant styling, superior room and storage space, and superb driving dynamics.
â€¢ Unique 50/50 split rear folding seats allows maximum storage flexibility â€¢ Audi Drive Select (adjustable engine/throttle mapping, suspension damping, and dynamic steering) is a benchmark in the segment and industry.
â€¢ New optional quattroSport rear differential enhances agility.
â€¢ USA market launch for A5/S5 Cabriolet is Fall 2009, as 2010 model year.
â€¢ A5/S5 Cabriolet replaces the A4/S4 Cabriolet.
â€¢ A5/S5 Cabriolet interior and exterior distinctive features include:
- New rear LED lighting
- Sport seats with unique interior color offerings
- Cloth convertible top features Audi Acoustic Roof technology for a quite interior.
â€¢ Typical Audi interior design is modern and sophisticated, with clear attention to
detail, including 1 liter bottle holders in each door.
â€¢ S5 Aluminum-optic exterior accents include front and rear diffuser blades, mirror
housings, and four exhaust pipes.
â€¢ Modular Longitudinal Chassis architecture is the foundation for a benchmark sport sedan.
- Extensive use of new ultra-high-strength steels increase rigidity of the
body while also reducing weight.
- Repositioned clutch / torque-converter allows more forward position of
- Better agility and turn in
- Better axle load distribution
- Shorter front overhang
- Longer wheelbase = more comfortable ride
- Repositioned steering rack, lower and closer to the wheel carriers lowers center of gravity and provides more direct steering control/feedback.
- Sporty proportions and muscular stance enhanced due to longer, wider, and lower dimensions.
- Reduced front overhang adds to visual sportiness.
Powertrain and Performance
â€¢ The following power train configurations are offered in USA:
â€¢ A5 Cabriolet 2.0 TFSI specifications
- FSI direct injection with turbocharging
- Audi Valvelift System
- 211 hp â€" 258 lb-ft torque
- quattroÂ® all-wheel drive (standard with 40/60 rear biased torque split) or FrontTrak front-wheel drive
- Tiptronic 6 speed automatic transmission for quattro model or Multitronic continuously variable transmission for the FrontTrak model
- Top speed 130 mph
â€¢ A5 Cabriolet 3.2 FSI V6 specifications:
- FSI direct injection
- Audi Valvelift System
- 265 hp â€" 243 lb-ft torque
- quattro all-wheel drive with 40/60 rear torque bias
- Tiptronic 6 speed automatic transmission
- Top speed 130 mph
â€¢ S5 Cabriolet 3.0 TFSI supercharged V6 specifications:
- S5 Coupe manual and 6-speed Tiptronic 354 hp / 325 lb-ft V8 continue for another year through the end of model year 2010; 2011 S5 Coupe will have 3.0 TFSI supercharger with 333 hp / 325 lb-ft, and manual and 7-speed S tronic transmissions.
- FSI direct injection with intercooled supercharger
- 333hp â€" 325 lb-ft
- quattroÂ® all-wheel drive with 40/60 rear torque bias
- S tronic 7 speed double-clutch automatic transmission
- Top speed 155 mph
â€¢ Latest generation of quattroÂ® all-wheel drive is employed, with asymmetric rear-biased torque split (40% front / 60% rear under nominal conditions).
â€¢ S5 Cabriolet only: New available quattroSport rear differential dynamically varies
torque between the rear wheels.
â€¢ Fuel economy is significantly improved over A4 Cabriolet .
â€¢ Rear 50/50 split folding seats in A5/S5 Cabriolet (not available with competitors)
â€¢ Cloth convertible top for elegant styling, superior interior and storage space, and low weight penalty (for better driving dynamics)
â€¢ New head-level heating system with heated/cooled front seats
â€¢ MMI operating logic standard with central display screen
â€¢ Audi Drive Select â€" varies the engine, transmission, steering, and suspension damping characteristics to suit the driver`s preferences
â€¢ Audi Intelligent Key â€" stores service information in the key
â€¢ Advanced Key keyless entry and starting
â€¢ Bluetooth hands-free telephone interface
â€¢ Bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights
â€¢ Audi Parking System rear with rearview camera
â€¢ Electromechanical parking brake
â€¢ Hard-drive-based Navigation system with Audi third-generation MMI.
â€¢ Audi Side Assist lane change assistant
â€¢ Bang & Olufsen 505W sound system
Launch Timing and Pricing
â€¢ World auto show debut is Geneva auto show in March, 2009
â€¢ USA A5/S5 Cabriolet with all mentioned engine/transmission combinations goes on sale in Fall 2009 (as a 2010 model year vehicles).
â€¢ U.S. pricing to be announced later.
|Latest||Cars & News|
|2018 Buick Enclave review|
|2017 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty review|
|2015 Audi A8 L Chauffeur review|
|2015 McLaren P1 by MSO review|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupe review|
|2020 Porsche Macan GTS comes to fill Macan S and Macan Turbo range|
|Suzuki Jimny is set to get competition from Jeep|
|Toyota Highlander will be available in petrol only or hybrid powertrain|
|Skoda Rapid facelift was unveiled in Russia|
|McLaren 620R is the limited edition street version of the 570S GT4|