Jeep® and Mopar® Are First in Industry to Offer Off-road Camper Trailers
The 2010 Jeep Trail Edition camper camper sits on 17-inch cast-aluminum wheels and features taillights, fender flares, Jeep badging, and hood-tie downs. It also boasts lightweight tubular-aluminum construction, 32-inch BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires, a torsion-bar / trailing-arm suspension, diamond-plated rocker guards, and 12 inches (305 mm) of ground clearance.
Inside, you'll find a queen-size bed, a sofa bed, a stowable center table, and a 110-volt power inverter.
Go Anywhere, Sleep Anywhere in Jeep® Camper Trailers from Mopar®
- Campers accommodate four adults and feature a queen-size bed, sofa with stowable table, built-in aluminum cabinet, 110-volt power supply and a premium canvas enclosure
- Camper trailers feature innovative engineering, capability and are designed and tested for Jeep off-road capability
- For casual campers, the Jeep Trail Edition camper is designed to endure trails with its lightweight all-aluminum construction, 32-inch BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires, 12 inches of ground clearance, trailing-arm suspension, diamond-plated aluminum covering, and available 360-degree axis pintle hitch
- For hard-core off-road enthusiasts, the Jeep Extreme Trail Edition camper ups the ante with a heavier frame, 35-inch BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires, 15 inches of ground clearance, full-underbody skid plate, high-mounted fenders, and available 360-degree axis pintle hitch
- The all-new Jeep Trail Edition camper (MSRP: $9,995) and Extreme Trail Edition camper (MSRP: $11,995) may be ordered as Mopar accessories at local Jeep dealerships
Jeep® and Mopar® are setting up camp for off-road enthusiasts. They will be the first in the industry to offer customers off-road camper trailers.
"The Jeep brand is widely known for providing its customers with a sense of freedom and adventure, with a mix of vehicles to take them wherever they want to go," said Mike Manley, President and Chief Executive Officer - Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "Thanks to our friends at Mopar, the Jeep experience may now be taken to a new level. Families may hook up an off-road Jeep camper to their capable Jeep vehicle and enjoy an ultimate outdoor adventure that no other manufacturer can offer."
Designed to meet off-road capabilities of Jeep 4x4 vehicles, Jeep Trail and Extreme Trail campers incorporate Jeep Wrangler's rugged design cues, including Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 17-inch cast-aluminum wheels (with 5-lug by 5-inch bolt pattern to utilize most Jeep vehicles' spare tire), taillights, fender flares, rear bumper (Trail Edition camper only), badging and hood-tie downs. In August, both Jeep camper trailers may be ordered at local Jeep dealers through Mopar®, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand.
"At Mopar, we are always looking for opportunities to support and add value to our Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram Truck brands, and this is a great example of how we can do that," said Pietro Gorlier, President and Chief Executive Officer - Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care. "Our trailers are specifically designed and engineered to meet strict capability requirements of Jeep. Mopar will continue to offer features that enhance the customer's experience with our brands and our vehicles."
Jeep Trail Edition Camper for Casual Campers
The all-new Jeep Trail Edition camper is designed for the Jeep enthusiast looking to hit the trails with the family.
Unlike conventional recreational campers, the Jeep Trail Edition camper features an extensive use of lightweight tubular-aluminum construction (no wood or fiberboard materials) in order to mitigate the additional load on the Jeep tow vehicle and make operation a breeze.
The Jeep Trail Edition camper features Jeep Wrangler Rubicon's 32-inch BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires, which provide excellent traction and 12 inches of ground clearance. Underneath, a unique torsion-bar and trailing-arm suspension provide confident maneuvering and on-trail articulation. For protection, heavy-duty diamond-plated aluminum is strategically used to handle abuse from the elements.
Unfold the rugged diamond-plated aluminum top (capable of supporting 450 lbs of gear), and the Jeep Trail Edition camper reveals spacious living quarters with 76 inches of headroom and space to sleep up to four people. A comfortable multi-use sofa folds out into a bed, while a queen-sized bed provides maximum comfort for two adults. A built-in cabinet provides space for camping gear, while all-aluminum construction delivers a clean look and contributes to the camper's lightweight design.
A stowable center table offers occupants a place for dining or a surface for board games, while a 110-volt power inverter provides additional cooking, heating, cooling and entertainment options. Enclosing the home-away-from-home are premium window screens and privacy shades.
Available accessories include Mopar's black aluminum Jeep Wrangler taillight guards (P/N: 82209330, MSRP: $143) for even more legendary Jeep styling. In addition, an available 10-foot by 10-foot exterior awning with screen enclosure (P/N: LLROOM06, MSRP: $650) expands the Jeep Trail Edition camper's covered space for additional all-weather enjoyment. Improving the standard 2-inch trailer-hitch ball is an available heavy-duty pintle hitch with a 360-degree rotating axis for maximum off-road maneuvering and on-trail articulation (P/N: LLHOOK02, MSRP: $735).
The all-new Jeep Trail Edition camper will be available as a Mopar accessory in August at local Jeep dealerships with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $9,995 (which includes destination).
Following are part-number details for Jeep Trail Edition camper accessory models:
- Jeep Trail Edition camper in Bright Silver Metallic and Black (P/N: LLBASE01)
- Jeep Trail Edition camper in Flame Red (P/N: LLBASE02)
- Jeep Trail Edition camper in Mango Tango Pearl (P/N: LLBASE03)
- Jeep Trail Edition camper in Natural Green Metallic (P/N: LLBASE04)
Following are dimensions for Jeep Trail Edition camper:
- Weight: 850 lbs.
- Height: 49.5 inches
- Width: 88 inches
- Ground clearance: 12 inches
Jeep Extreme Trail Edition Camper for Extreme Off-roaders
The all-new Jeep Extreme Trail Edition camper is designed to handle maximum off-road capability that hard-core off-road enthusiasts crave, with additional trail equipment to go anywhere and do anything.
Starting with the Jeep Trail Edition camper's off-road engineered suspension, the Jeep Extreme Trail Edition camper ups the ante with a heavy-duty frame, more ground clearance (15 inches) and a full-underbody skid plate. Larger 35-inch BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires provide a beefier trail-ready aesthetic and sit below black diamond-plated aluminum fenders. These unique design fenders are mounted higher on the Jeep Extreme Trail Edition camper to accommodate up to 37-inch tires for maximum off-road capability. Improving the standard 2-inch trailer-hitch ball is an available heavy-duty pintle hitch with a 360-degree rotating axis for maximum off-road maneuvering and on-trail articulation (P/N: LLHOOK02, MSRP: $735).
The all-new Jeep Extreme Trail Edition camper will be available as a Mopar accessory in August at local Jeep dealerships with a MSRP of $11,995 (which includes destination).
Following are part-number details for Jeep Extreme Trail Edition camper accessory models:
- Jeep Extreme Trail Edition camper in Bright Silver Metallic and Black (P/N: LLPREM01)
- Jeep Extreme Trail Edition camper in Flame Red (P/N: LLPREM02)
- Jeep Extreme Trail Edition camper in Mango Tango Pearl (P/N: LLPREM03)
- Jeep Extreme Trail Edition camper in Natural Green Metallic (P/N: LLPREM04)
Following are dimensions for Jeep Extreme Trail edition camper:
- Weight: 1,050 lbs.
- Height: 52 inches
- Width: 88 inches
- Ground clearance: 15 inches
In addition to being the first automotive manufacturer to offer customers off-road camper trailers, Mopar has introduced numerous other industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce the industry's first smartphone vehicle-information application, a new channel of communication with consumers
- lectronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- FLO TV: first to offer live, mobile television
- WiFi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network