The brand new Bentley Continental GT is a formal car that had been improved for better performance and appearance.
One of the things that were changed on the car is the interior,the whole interior is hand crafted with rafinement. Bentley continues to amaze the customers with high
quality details and a superb design.
The exterior of the car inspires quality and elegance. The exterior design was also created in order to gain more performance because of its aerodynamic shape.
A series of driving assistance applications are now available on the car,the safety and the comfort increase.
The improved W12 engine is very powerful delivering up to 567 horse power and 700 Nm,it is a 6-litre engine twin-turbo charged.
The car reaches from 0 to 60 mph in 4.4 seconds,the top speed going up to 318 km/h.
The new car entirely represents Bentley factory by amazing performance,luxury and comfort.
- New, sculptured exterior exudes quality and design integrity.
- Contemporary, hand-crafted cabin with class-leading refinement.
- More powerful W12 engine at launch with FlexFuel capability.
- A new high-efficiency V8 from late 2011.
- Dynamic, engaging driving experience.
- Class-leading infotainment systems.
For Crewe's design and engineering teams, the new Continental GT coupe is an opportunity to set a bold and exciting direction for one of Bentley's most revered names - the Continental. The seminal and highly successful Continental GT introduced in 2003 represented the first step in Bentley's renaissance and defined a whole new market segment. It was a luxury GT offering excellent usability that remained true to the Bentley grand touring spirit.
Now the new Continental GT 4-seat coupe builds on the success of its iconic predecessor, capturing that GT spirit but with even higher standards of design, engineering, luxury, craftsmanship, dynamic performance, everyday practicality and refinement.
A beautifully sculptured new body gives the GT coupe an even crisper, more defined appearance. The contemporary interior offers new levels of cabin design, comfort and hand-crafted luxury. The seats, for example, provide even greater support and rear leg-room; a sweeping dashboard even more style and modernity. The new touchscreen infotainment system features state-of-the-art navigation, Google Maps and entertainment while the latest Balanced Mode Radiator speaker technology and Dirac Dimensions™ digital sound processing deliver enhanced audio quality.
Bentley's acclaimed 6-litre, 12-cylinder, twin-turbocharged powertrain now has a raised power output of 575PS (567bhp/423kW) and 700Nm (516lb ft) of torque and this is mated to a new Quickshift transmission which enables double downshifts. Thanks to advanced FlexFuel technology it can also run on both standard unleaded petrol (gasoline) and sustainable bioethanol (up to E85) or any mix of the two.
In late 2011 an all-new, high-output 8-cylinder engine will also be available to order. This advanced power unit will deliver a 40 percent reduction in emissions compared with the W12 engine and will offer a class-leading CO2 emissions-to-power ratio with Bentley levels of performance and refinement.
Both engines are coupled to an all-wheel drive system with a sporty 40:60 rear-torque bias (compared with the 50:50 bias of the original Continental GT), minimising understeer during hard cornering and allowing the experienced driver to control the car's line and balance via precise throttle control.
"The new Continental GT is an automotive work of art, with superb craftsmanship and elegant, contemporary design. It drives like a supercar, but without the usual sacrifices in ride or practicality. It is a car that you can enjoy every moment of every day."
Dr Franz-Josef Paefgen, Chairman and Chief Executive
THE NEW CONTINENTAL GT COUPE - AT A GLANCE
Sculptured exterior design
- Advanced production techniques such as aluminium Super Forming (front wings and boot lid) allow for a more sculpted body and sharp 'power lines'
- Unique jewelled headlamps with LED daytime-running lights
- More upright matrix radiator grille and new 'double horseshoe' rear profile first shown on the flagship Bentley Mulsanne
Contemporary, hand-crafted cabin
- New interior with a bold, sweeping dashboard and instrument panel finished in premium, soft-touch leather hides
- Distinctive 'cobra'-design seats for added comfort and enhanced rear cabin space
- A new touchscreen, 30GB infotainment system introduces advanced satellite navigation with dynamic route guidance, seven-digit postcode entry and Google Map compatibility (market specific)
- Audio systems feature the latest wide frequency Balance Mode Radiator speakers as standard
- Revolutionary Dirac Dimensions™ DSP for exceptional sound reproduction (Naim for Bentley premium audio).
More powerful W12 and new high-efficiency V8 FlexFuel engines