A few months ago, in May to be more precise we first heard of the intelligent all-wheel drive system developed by the Bavarian carmaker and offered on the 1-series 3-door hatchback. At the Paris Motor Show that will take place later this month the carmaker will present for the first time the xDrive together with a new entry-level diesel option for the range. This all-wheel drive system will be offered on the sporty M135i xDrive and on the 120d xDrive.
The system sends 60% of the drive torque to the rear wheels and the rest of 40% to the front ones. The 120d xDrive receives power from a 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder diesel engine capable of producing 181 horsepower. This output enables the car to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.2 seconds and to reach a maximum speed of 225 km/h. The fuel consumption ranges from 4.7 to 4.8 liters per 100 km. The CO2 emission level reaches up to 126 g/km. These figures depend on the tire format the driver selects. The other 1-series hatchback, the M135i xDrive is powered by a 3.0-liter turbocharged straight-six capable of developing 315 horsepower and 450 Nm of torque. All the output is being transferred to the wheels through an 8-speed automatic gearbox offered as standard.
The all-wheel drive system enables the car to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.0 seconds in comparison with the rear-wheel drive model equipped with the automatic transmission. The RWD model equipped with the 6-speed manual can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.7 seconds. The top speed was electronically limited to 250 km/h. The fuel consumption reaches 7.8 liters per 100 km and the CO2 emissions touch 182 g/km. There is a third model that will complete the 1-Series range. We are talking about the entry-level diesel 114d that receives power from a 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine capable of developing 94 horsepower and 235 Nm of torque. It can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 12.2 seconds and it can reach a top speed of 185 km/h. It uses up to 4.3 liters / 100 km and emits between 109 and 112 g/km CO2. These depend on the size of the tires and wheels. The 114d will feature the EfficientDynamics technology like a lot of other model variants of the 1-Series.
|Latest||Cars & News|
|2018 Buick Enclave review|
|2017 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty review|
|2015 Audi A8 L Chauffeur review|
|2015 McLaren P1 by MSO review|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupe review|
|2020 Porsche Macan GTS comes to fill Macan S and Macan Turbo range|
|Suzuki Jimny is set to get competition from Jeep|
|Toyota Highlander will be available in petrol only or hybrid powertrain|
|Skoda Rapid facelift was unveiled in Russia|
|McLaren 620R is the limited edition street version of the 570S GT4|