The German automaker Audi has decided that their home land is the perfect place for the launch of a very interesting concept. More precisely, Audi has decided to launch their e-Tron concept. The Audi e-Tron is a very powerful sports coupe that looks very similar to a smaller Audi R8 of the future. The German automaker`s concept has a completely electric powertrain system. More precisely, the Audi e-Tron has no less than four electric engines that together manage to give a total of 313 horsepower and 4500 Nm of torque. Each electric engine gives power for one of the wheels. To be more precise, two of the electric engines are placed at the front axle and two are placed at the rear axle. Thus, the Audi e-Tron has a four wheel drive system.
Thanks to these four electric engines, the Audi e-Tron manages to go from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.8 seconds. Another interesting performance figure offered by the German automaker Audi claims that the Audi e-Tron can accelerate from 60 to 120 km/h in 4.1 seconds. The maximum speed is electronically limited to 200 km/h because the amount of energy required by the electric engines increases disproportionately to speed, as Audi claims. In normal driving conditions, 30% of the power goes to the front wheels and the rest of 70% goes to the rear wheels.
The Audi e-Tron has a driving range of about 248 kilometers thanks to the lithium ion battery that gives the power to the four electric engines and that has a capacity of 42.4 kilowatt hour. The weight distribution of the Audi e-Tron is 42/58 (front/rear). The lithium ion battery has a weight of 470 kilograms which represents more than a quarter of the total weight of the Audi e-Tron, which is of 1600 kilograms (20 kilograms less than the Audi R8 V10). The battery is placed in front of the rear axle.
The Audi e-Tron is more compact that the Audi R8. The Audi R8 has a length of 4430 millimeters while the Audi e-Tron has a length of 4260 millimeters. Other figures include the width of the car which 1900 millimeters, the height of the car which is of 1230 millimeters and the wheelbase length which is of 2600 millimeters.
|Audi R4 e-Tron soon in traffic!|
|A new e-tron concept appeared under the shape of an A3|
|Audi will sell an e-Tron in early 2013|
|Audi e-tron concept launched at Detroit|
|Audi A7 Sportback h-tron Quattro concept enters the final countdown|
|Audi Q8 e-tron planned|
|Making the Audi e-tron Spyder a reality|
|Traditional fuelled Audi Q7 planned for China and USA|
|Audi R8 e-tron about to be ressurected|
|Paris Auto Show presents Audi e-tron Spyder Concept|
|Audi A3 Sportback e-tron|
|Audi A3 e-tron|
|Audi A3 Sportback g-tron|
|Audi R8 e-tron|
|Audi R18 e-tron quattro longtail|
|Audi A3 E-Tron|
|Latest||Cars & News|
|2018 Buick Enclave review|
|2017 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty review|
|2015 Audi A8 L Chauffeur review|
|2015 McLaren P1 by MSO review|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupe review|
|2020 Porsche Macan GTS comes to fill Macan S and Macan Turbo range|
|Suzuki Jimny is set to get competition from Jeep|
|Toyota Highlander will be available in petrol only or hybrid powertrain|
|Skoda Rapid facelift was unveiled in Russia|
|McLaren 620R is the limited edition street version of the 570S GT4|