The entire sticky accelerator problem is quickly approaching the end, as Toyota has started sorting out exactly which models must be recalled for repairs. The British division of Toyota has announced the exact list of cars from Great Britain that will need to be fixed. According to the Japanese automaker no Lexus model sold in the UK is affected by the sticky accelerator issue while the same goes for all the versions of the Toyota RAV4 and the manual transmission versions of the Toyota Aygo . The first shipment of parts for the fix will begin arriving in Great Britain next week while the actual repair process will begin on February 10. Toyota said that the entire repair process should take only about 30 minutes for each car to complete. The fixing procedure consists of the installation of a precision cut steel reinforcement bar into the accelerator pedal assembly. According to Toyota, a total of 180.865 vehicles are affected by the sticky accelerator pedal issue.
The list of Toyota models in Great Britain that ARE affected by the recall:
1. All Toyota Avensis models built from November 2008 up to December 2009.
2. All Toyota Aygo models equipped with Multi-mode Manual Transmissions (MMT) built from February 2005 up to August 2009.
3. All Toyota Verso models built from February 2009 up to January 5 2010.
4. All Toyota iQ models built from November 2008 up to November 2009.
5. All Toyota Corolla models built from October 2006 up to December 2009.
6. All Toyota Yaris models built from November 2005 up to September 2009.
7. All Toyota Auris models built from October 2006 up to 5 January 2010.
The list of Toyota in Great Britain that ARE NOT affected by the recall:
1. All Toyota models built before 2005.
2. All Toyota Aygo models equipped with manual transmissions.
3. All Toyota Dyna models.
4. All Toyota RAV4 models.
5. All Toyota Hiace models.
6. All Toyota Urban Cruiser models.
7. All Toyota Land Cruiser V8 models.
8. All Toyota Avensis Verso models.
9. All Toyota Cruiser Amazon models.
10. All Toyota Corolla Verso models.
11. All Toyota Land Cruiser models.
12. All Toyota Celica models.
13. All Toyota Previa models.
14. All Toyota MR2 models.
15. All Toyota Prius models.
|Up to 1.8 million vehicles might be affected by sticky accelerator according to Toyota|
|Honda, Toyota and Nissan recall 2 million vehicles|
|Toyota is recalling 106,000 Prius Hybrids|
|Thieves will stay away from the Toyota Prius|
|Toyota had until now in Europe 26 incidents|
|Toyota RAV4 EV Concept Teaser Images|
|Toyota Canada recalls Tundra and Highlander vehicles for floor mats|
|Brake design problems of Toyota Prius confimed|
|Accelerator pedal issue stops production of Ford Transit in China|
|Toyota Recalls iQ Models|
|Toyota RAV4 UK Price|
|Toyota Etios India Version|
|Toyota EV P002|
|Toyota Corolla US price|
|Latest||Cars & News|
|2018 Buick Enclave review|
|2017 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty review|
|2015 Audi A8 L Chauffeur review|
|2015 McLaren P1 by MSO review|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupe review|
|2020 Porsche Macan GTS comes to fill Macan S and Macan Turbo range|
|Suzuki Jimny is set to get competition from Jeep|
|Toyota Highlander will be available in petrol only or hybrid powertrain|
|Skoda Rapid facelift was unveiled in Russia|
|McLaren 620R is the limited edition street version of the 570S GT4|