Renault studies the possibilities of setting up a brand new Algerian factory responsible for making a few units, including Dacia's Sandero and Logan and Renault Symbol. Le Monde reported that Renault would be holding a 49 % share in this joint venture and SNVI state-owned will be taking the rest - 51 % stake, complying the local regulations.
A spokesman of Renault confirmed the fact that the wee known French carmaker wants to expand the regional operations but said no decision is made yet. It appears the firm sold 39,000 vehicles in total past year badged as Renault and 17,000 models were with the Dacia logo.
Renault plans also to establish in India its own network dealership, with Koleos and Fluence to be made beginning 2011 by the Chennai factory.
Marc NASSIF, the Country General Manager, MD at Renault India said when talking about the Indian expansion plans of Renault that during the New Delhi recent AutoExpo they announced the roadmap for launching a few vehicles from the international portfolio into the market in India. There will be a Distribution Network (exclusive) for Renault autos that will be launched in India. A nationwide extensive distribution network will be made in the upcoming 30 months, ensuring our clients of seamless service.
|Dacia is preparing the 3rd generation Sandero|
|Renault Sandero goes to Brazil|
|Dacia Logan becomes Lada R90|
|Dacia is preparing new Seven-Seater MPV for 2012|
|Dacia unveiled its new Sandero hatchback at the Motor Show in Geneva|
|Mahindra slashes prices of Logan range|
|Dacia Logan Cup, accessible racecar|
|New Renault Duster for South America debuts at Buenos Aires Motor Show|
|Dacia Logan, apparently will be replaced in the upcoming years|
|New Dacia Logan|
|Renault Stepway Dacia Sandero SUV|
|Dacia Laureate Prime Special Editions|
|Dacia Sandero Stepway UK Price|
|Dacia Logan 10th Anniversary Edition|
|Latest||Cars & News|
|2018 Buick Enclave review|
|2017 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty review|
|2015 Audi A8 L Chauffeur review|
|2015 McLaren P1 by MSO review|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupe review|
|2020 Porsche Macan GTS comes to fill Macan S and Macan Turbo range|
|Suzuki Jimny is set to get competition from Jeep|
|Toyota Highlander will be available in petrol only or hybrid powertrain|
|Skoda Rapid facelift was unveiled in Russia|
|McLaren 620R is the limited edition street version of the 570S GT4|