Fiat sources said yesterday at the company's 5-year business plan presentation that Fiat Group will assemble two Chrysler brand models in Italy. The two models include the next-generation Sebring sedan.
According to either announcements by Fiat and Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne or information from company sources:
- In 2013, Fiat will build in Turin a mid-sized sedan "that will be primarily produced and distributed for Chrysler in the U.S.," Marchionne said. Sources said that the model will be the next Sebring.
- In 2012, Fiat will build in Italy a new compact sedan
- Alfa is planning a rear-drive roadster for 2013. The car could be built in Canada or Italy.
- Chryslerr will build in the United States two Alfa Romeo SUVs for global sales -- a compact model in 2012 and a larger model in 2014.
- Chrysler could also export a Fiat-built subcompact in 2013 for both Chrysler and Dodge.
The Chrysler Sebring sedan will be built in the Mirafiori plant in Turin, along with the Alfa Romeo Giulia mid-sized sedan and wagon.
The new compact Chrysler model, build for Alfa in the United, in oder to maximize capacity use, will be built in Fiat's Cassino plant in central Italy. By 2014, Cassino will build 400,000 units on the same platform, including the Alfa Romeo Giulietta, the Fiat Bravo replacement and the Lancia Delta.
|Chrysler turns into Lancia in Europe|
|The first 2012 Chrysler 200 convertible official photos|
|Chrysler selects Nassau to replace Sebring name|
|Alfa Romeo might no longer be produced in Italy|
|Fiat 500 four-door coming to the United States|
|Fiat CEO turns up heat on unions over Panda production switch|
|Future Alfa Romeo, Chrysler and Fiat units unveiled|
|Fiat is not assuming any debt from Chrysler|
|Jeep B-SUV was delayed because of Fiat Sedici development|
|Maserati Levante Production Set For Italy|
|Chrysler Sebring Tuner Concept|
|Fiat 500X by Mopar|
|Fiat Freemont AWD European Version|
|Fiat 500 GQ Edition|
|Fiat Croma 2005 Edition|
|Ram 1500 Eco Diesel engine concept|
|Latest||Cars & News|
|2018 Buick Enclave review|
|2017 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty review|
|2015 Audi A8 L Chauffeur review|
|2015 McLaren P1 by MSO review|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupe review|
|2020 Porsche Macan GTS comes to fill Macan S and Macan Turbo range|
|Suzuki Jimny is set to get competition from Jeep|
|Toyota Highlander will be available in petrol only or hybrid powertrain|
|Skoda Rapid facelift was unveiled in Russia|
|McLaren 620R is the limited edition street version of the 570S GT4|